The setting is rustic… and the cell phone reception is bad.
The main goals are:
- to get away from our everyday stuff
- to hear the voice of God’s Spirit
- to see God’s glory all around us
- and to get into the heart and mind of Jesus
The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.I Kings 19:11-13
After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
This story of Elijah hearing from God teaches us that:
While at times God’s voice can be loud …
at other times it can barely be heard …
but when we do hear it …
it is unmistakable.
SO, WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT LISTEN?
If you come you will:
1. Receive practical tools that will deepen your friendship with Christ
2. Get to know more about yourself and Jesus
3. Build some new Christian friendships
4. Spend time both alone with God and in community with your Christian brothers and sisters
5. Some awesome worship time
6. Be coached and helped to practice some of the following spiritual disciplines:
- and more…
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LISTEN?
DATES: To be determined
TRANSPORTATION: Options include: joining the group leaving on Friday @ 5:30 PM from Bellflower…OR…meeting us up there at the camp by 9:30 PM or so on Friday. Email us to arrange your choice for your group. We will all leave camp by 1:00 PM on either Sunday or Monday…depending on the weekend you choose to join us.
SUGGESTED DONATION: To be determined
PLACE: Lawler Alpine…a Riverside County Park in Idyllwild, CA
WHAT TO BRING:
- 1 soft suitcase
- sleeping bag
- warm clothes & boots for snow (if it’s winter)
- jacket & gloves (if it’s winter)
- Flashlight (it’s dark @ night)
- Bible & pen
- towel & toiletries
- personal items
Reserve a spot for your group… email@example.com
If you have questions… firstname.lastname@example.org